I've been musing about the purpose of my blog and came up with a couple reasons to blog.
reason number one: To keep in touch with friends.
reason number two: To help me look for beauty.
It's really easy, going through the same mundane chores day after day, to become blind to the beauty around me. After looking at a friend's blog, I was inspired to try taking pictures just of the ordinary things in my life, to help me keep a positive outlook. Just looking for things to take pictures of really brightened my day! I never really thought of apples as beautiful (I put one in Dad's lunch nearly every day), but they are! What's more, they are good food. A lot of people don't even have apples!
This is what we have for breakfast every morning. (Usually they are scrambled.) Our own home raised eggs. Mmm.
At least someone in the family likes his picture being taken!
Grandma and Grandpa let us pick up apples from their trees.
To earn a little money, I made several pies for Dad's work crew. These apples are not like the ones from the store. They have rotten spots and wormy spots that take a lot of cutting to get rid of. But you just cut out the bad spots and throw them away, and keep the good parts. Isn't that what you have to do in life sometimes? Just let go of the bad and savor the good.
And sometimes it takes some sour lemon juice to help us become sweeter. It's one of those paradoxes of life.
Now the work is almost done!
Writing a birthday card to a friend. Doing something for someone else helps keep me out of the dumps.
I enjoy piano classical pieces and arrangements of hymns.
The rewards of my (and Mom's) labor. It took us all morning and part of the afternoon, but I got some money for it. Dad's crew loved the pies. One man bought three and ate them in two days! And I have an order for another pie and two loaves of banana bread!
I am just starting to learn to look at the positive, and I am enjoying it! Get ready-- for the blogging brainstorms of Crystal Lucas!
Dear Crystal, I know I will love reading your blog. I have always enjoyed reading everything you have written in the past. You are becoming a creative wordsmith just like your dear mother! I know God will use you to be a blessing and a light to all who read your blog!
ReplyDelete