Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Getting ready to move Grandma and Grandpa

We have had many beautiful sunrises lately. Here is a picture of just one. 
Between Christmas and New Year's Day, the Lucas family was very busy getting ready for Grandma and Grandpa to move. Carrie and I went in on Tuesday before New Year's Day and helped Aunt Ruth pack everything from the china cabinet.
I also helped label boxes of books.
Meanwhile the men were doing a little remodeling of the new house. Here Dad is showing Sam how to tape up plastic before painting the ceiling.
This is what we girls found Tuesday evening when we came to clean! We did not need to clean this part of the house, thankfully! You can expect a mess with remodeling, but after all this was gotten out and the work done, everything looked great. The guys did a wonderful job.
They pulled up the old carpet and needed all the staples from the carpet padding pulled up before laying new carpet. We girls helped with that. We also swept the floors.
I was taking a walk and came running for my camera when I saw this glorious sunset!
The next post (when I get to it) will be about moving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment