I flew to Pennsylvania for a couple days before we left for Africa. The morning before we left, we got some pictures together. Here are the travelers: Nathaniel Morley, Ezra Morley, Candace Morley, myself, Amaris Morley. Candace, an excellent seamstress, sewed our jumpers.
The three graduates from the Morley clan, with Grandma and Grandpa Morley.
Ezra, who is a photographer, made bookmarks with scripture verses to give to each person who bought a Bible. Here Aunt Anita and cousins Natasha and Pearl are making packs of twenty.
Aunt Anita sewed some little aprons with a compartment for each kind of bookmark. Candace is trying one on.
Brother Phil had told us to be prepared to sing. Candace and Amaris made copies of the songs we chose and made little booklets.
A farewell picnic with the people who attend the church there was planned the evening after I arrived. Amaris decorated two cakes for the occasion.
Uncle Gabriel's girls made this lovely pie.
I thought this was a creative way for everyone to find their cup.
Uncle Fain grilling hot dogs at the park where we had the picnic.
The cakes Amaris made.
While Phil talked to us travelers for a few minutes, the other children went down to play volleyball.
The next day, we went to Washington-Dulles airport to get on our way. Uncle Elon's girls and Uncle Fain's girls are such sweet friends. This is Candace and Pearl together with Phil and Amrie's little boy Antonie.
All the girl cousins and Phil and Amrie's little girl Priya had matching jumpers. I love Priya's smile in this picture.
I had a wonderful time with the families in PA. Now they need to come to Colorado!


No comments:
Post a Comment